Family and Senior Care
These savings programs are not insurance products. Rather, they are discounts for programs and services designed to help keep members healthy and active. All programs are subject to change without advance notice. Health Plans, Inc. and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care do not specifically endorse or recommend, and make no warranties expressed or implied with respect to the programs and services offered. Some discounts may not be available in all areas.
Get 50% off the retail pricing for CareScout’s Caregiver Support Services. The program provides services such as in-person visits, one-on-one telephonic support and a robust website to reduce caregiver stress and ease caregiving responsibilities.
Service levels include:
Caregiver Support Website Service Subscription
- Online information about different types of care
- Checklists & FAQs
- Questions to ask providers
- Tips for touring/interviewing care providers
- Nationwide database of 90,000+ long-term care providers
- CareScout proprietary quality reports for nursing home providers
- Unbiased information: no advertisements or referral fees
Telephonic Clinical Care Consultation (RN or Social Worker) with a Caregiver Support Website Service Subscription
- Consultations with Clinical Care Advocate
- Assessment and plan of care
- Resource guides
- Care provider identification
- Best rate negotiation (if requested and appropriate)
CareScout Clinical On-Site Functional, Cognitive and Environmental Assessment with a Caregiver Support Website Service Subscription (for Client Network members)
- On-site RN functional, cognitive and environmental assessment of anyone in the U.S. via CareScout’s nationwide Field Nurse Network
- Quality review of assessment by CareScout clinical staff, including clarification and/or procurement of any missing data
- Easy to understand assessment summary
- Development of a plan of care
- Phone consultation for up to 90 days to review assessment summary, plan of care and provider options
- Identification of long-term care providers (if appropriate)
- Best rate negotiation with recommended long-term care providers (if appropriate)
To get your discount, call 800-571-1918 and be sure to request the Harvard Pilgrim discounted price.
Visit CareScout to learn more about the services.
Home Instead Senior Care®
Get a one-time $100 credit toward charges for routine services at participating offices, and a free home safety inspection (a $75 value) at the start-up of services. Home Instead provides high-quality, trusted home care to help seniors remain in their homes.
To learn more or to set up a no-obligation informational meeting, visit the Home Instead site or call 888-484-5759 and be sure to request the Harvard Pilgrim discount.
Life Cycle Transitions
Save on services designed to help members with chronic health problems stay well at home or transition to a new location. Members save 20% on services such as relocation and downsizing, help addressing a distressed home, cleaning, hoarding assistance and more.
Life Cycle Transitions (LCT) has created a program that will assist families in several ways:
- Are you seeking to relocate, and need help to get your home prepared for sale? LCT has a unique assessment process that allows them to make a fair market offer on your home or provide you with top-notch contractors who can help you renovate your property for the highest resale value.
- Are you battling depression, and need help retrieving your home from a hoarded or distressing condition? LCT’s qualified and experienced technicians will do a thorough walk-through of your home and complete a detailed assessment of how to approach the cleanup and deliver your home back to you.
- Are your parents are getting older, and need help downsizing and locating a more suitable home or living community? LCT’s experienced and compassionate staff will connect you with a liaison who will provide one-on-one assistance to craft a customized plan.
- Are you battling health issues that have drastically affected your current living environment, and need help getting your home back in order? LCT will bring comfort and peace back to you by providing a team who will get your home back in shape with organizing and preparation for whatever stage you need them.
Key Services include packing, sorting, cleaning, organizing, hauling away, moving, hoarding cleanup, home renovations, realtor expertise, assisted living help, home health aide assistance, estate planning and transition counseling. Schedule an assessment today at 877-273-7810 or email LCT directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to request the Harvard Pilgrim discounted price.
Get 20% off all Lively products. With health and safety solutions for older adults and their family caregivers, Lively’s innovative, easy-to-use mobile products and customer care help aging consumers live more independent lives. Get connected with Lively products including: Jitterbug® Flip and Jitterbug Smart2, the Lively® Mobile and Lively Wearable.
To receive your discount, apply promo code HP20 when making your purchase online.
SeniorAssist, from the Senior Resource Center, Inc. (SRC)
Get $500 off SeniorAssist’s lifetime flat fee for services. SeniorAssist was developed in partnership with the SRC* to provide guidance to caregivers, pre-retirees and retirees. Save on services to help you plan and care for elder loved ones, or for your own long-term needs. They’ll guide you in assessing healthcare needs, understanding financial issues and addressing important legal matters.
Visit the SRC website to learn more about SeniorAssist, or call 888-869-6295 and request the Harvard Pilgrim discount.
Visit Senior Resource Center, Inc.
*SRC and its employees are not registered-investment advisors, nor do they offer or sell securities. SRC is not a law firm, but it is affiliated with Falco & Associates, P.C. SRC provides a legal overview of potential legal issues and may make a referral to Falco & Associates, P.C., or to a law firm of the individual's choice if legal work is necessary. Services provided by SRC are not legal services and the protections of the lawyer-client relationship do not exist with regard to these services.
Save 10% on this science-based, personalized program for maintaining brain health and quality of life after 50. Vigorous Mind is a web-based platform that includes activities like cognitive training, physical training, enrichment, stress reduction and socializing. Enjoy your favorite music and videos, play fun brain games, go on virtual tours to countries, reminisce with fun facts and challenging trivia, create your life story and much more.
The program runs on Windows and Android-based computers and tablets.
The Basic license offers you:
- Scientifically-based brain stimulating exercises and games
- Quick access to your favorite music and videos on YouTube
- Weekly fun facts and trivia
- Virtual tours in countries around the world
- Enrichment activities and word games
- Reminiscence activities, including quizzes about music, life in the 1950s, word games, and stories and pictures
The Premium license offers you all of the above, plus:
- Physical exercise videos with endurance, strength flexibility and balance exercises
- Create your own slideshows with your own voice-over
- Communicate with friends and family through a secure audio-visual email system: Record email messages in your own voice and receive recorded messages and slideshows from family and friends
- "My Day" calendar to remind yourself of things you want or need to do
Use promo code HPHC19 when you sign up online or mention it when you call.